Lands & Resources
Lands and Resources is responsible for the Implementation of land claim agreement pertaining to natural resources and heritage
Lands & Resources staff are responsible for the following
- surveying settlement lands;
- setting up Special Management Areas;
- managing fish & wildlife;
- land use planning; and
- forest management planning.
As well as:
- provide input to the City of Whitehorse on development proposals and plans;
- review residential, business and agricultural projects proposed in our Traditional Territory for impacts onRRDC interests;
- work with the Yukon government on new mining and forestry legislation for the Yukon; and
- work on new land policies and laws for RRDC lands.
This department is responsible for taking full advantage of the current land claims and resources available to RRDC as a result of the current claim status.